In CHP, Gürsel Tekin announced that he resigned from his party. Tekin said, “CHP has been moved away from its identity as a Kemalist and social democratic party that aims for modern civilization, being in power in Turkey and serving the people.”
Gürsel Tekin, who was rumored to be nominated as a district mayor candidate in Istanbul, resigned from his party. Tekin, who announced his resignation on his social media account, said, “CHP has been moved away from its identity as a Atatürkist and social democratic party that aims at modern civilization, being in power in Turkey and serving the people.” Here is Tekin’s resignation statement…
– To my dear nation and fellow travelers, the basic principles of the Republican People’s Party are included in its statute and program.
– Unfortunately, in the past, CHP aimed at modern civilization,
– It has been distanced from its identity as a Ataturkist and social democratic party with the aim of being in power in Turkey and serving the people,
– There is no objective condition, merit or competence,
– Distribution of offices and positions within the party through compatriotism, grouping and teamwork relations,
– People who contributed to the party and worked for the party to come to power were excluded,
– In Turkey, the power struggle within the party is preferred instead of the power struggle,
– Party law and the rights of our party workers are ignored,
– The Headquarters did not even comply with the rules and instructions it announced, and the efforts of people who worked hard by relying on party law and statements were usurped,
– Instead of the spirit of comradeship formed by ideology, principle or thought, it has turned into a structure in which relations between friends and sergeants, spouses, friends and relatives are decisive at every level.
This picture that emerged for me, who had the honor of serving in every position of the party and always worked on the streets and among the people to come to power in Turkey, is painful and saddening. For this reason, I am resigning with great sadness from the Republican People’s Party, to which I have devoted my life and whose principles I have sealed in my heart since my youth, because the principles I believe in and live for dictate this, and I no longer have the opportunity to work in the current structure. I will continue to work for the principles for which I devoted my life. I respectfully announce to the public!
This news article has been translated from the original language to English by WorldsNewsNow.com.
You can visit the original source at the link below.
Original Source Link