Theft of Ministry of Defense funds: VAKS took Liev into custody

Theft of Ministry of Defense funds: VAKS took Liev into custody


The Appellate Chamber of the Supreme Anti-Corruption Court remanded ex-official of the Ministry of Defense Alexander Liev into custody. Photo: Public

The appellate judges partially satisfied the prosecutor’s complaint and applied to the former acting the director of the department of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Oleksandr Liev, a preventive measure in the form of detention.

Liev was taken into custody in the courtroom. This was reported by the Anti-Corruption Center on Monday, February 12.

READ ALSO: The embezzlement case of UAH 1.5 billion: Umerov suspended the official of the Ministry of Defense

“The term of detention is up to and including April 8. The amount of the alternative bail is UAH 50 million,” the message says.

In the event of bail, Liev will be assigned a number of obligations, in particular wearing an electronic bracelet and handing in passports.

Previously, the ex-head of the Department of Military-Technical Policy, Development of Armaments and Military Equipment of the Ministry of Defense Alexander Liev, suspected in the case of embezzlement of almost 1.5 billion UAH for the purchase of ammunition, said that he would take a “public polygraph” to prove his innocence. Subsequently, he passed the polygraph = February 5 and February 2.

On January 27, employees of the Security Service of Ukraine searched officials of the Ministry of Defense and managers of Lviv Arsenal.

The Security Service of Ukraine, with the assistance of the Ministry of Defense, exposed a scheme of embezzlement of state funds during the purchase of ammunition for the Armed Forces. Law enforcement officers documented the data and identified all persons involved in the transaction.

--------------------

This news article has been translated from the original language to English by WorldsNewsNow.com.

You can visit the original source at the link below.



Original Source Link